Backup power supply
APS-724 is a switch-mode backup power supply for devices requiring 24 V DC, included in the alarm system or other installations.
The power supply is characterized by a high output current of 7 A, which determines the maximum current delivered by the power supply connected to the load. When the battery is being charged, this value is reduced by the maximum battery charging current: 6 A (powering devices) + 1 A (charging battery). Energy efficiency of the APS-724 power supply is up to 94%.
The system complies with EN 55011 Class B in terms of the level of conducted and radiated EMI. It also meets the requirements of EN 60950-1 safety standard.
Indisputable advantages of its structure include: a built-in interference suppression filter and an active system for power factor correction (PFC) - up to 0.99. This ensures very good and stable operating parameters, also in the presence of high fluctuations in the supply voltage.
Lead-acid batteries or other battery types with similar charging characteristics can be connected to the device. This enables uninterrupted operation of the system to be maintained - even for several hours - when the primary power source fails.
Additionally, APS-724 comes with:
- battery charge status control (including internal resistance measurement)
- battery deep discharge protection.
The power supply is provided with 4 OC type fault signaling outputs. The LEDs located on the anodized aluminum enclosure indicate:
- power output status
- battery status
- AC status
- too high temperature of the power supply.
Audible signaling of troubles is also available.
The system is provided with over-current and short-circuit. The power cable is connected to the IEC C14 connector.
- 24 V DC switch-mode power supply
- output current: 7 A or 6 A (powering devices) + 1 A (charging battery)
- compliant with EN 60950-1 safety standard requirements
- compliant with EN 55011 Class B standard regarding the level of conducted and radiated EMI
- active power factor correction system (up to 0.99)
- energy efficiency up to 94%
- short-circuit and over-current protection
- designed for use with sealed lead-acid battery
- battery deep discharge protection
- 4 OC outputs for trouble indication
- optical indication of power output status, battery status, AC status and too high temperature of the power supply
- audible indication of troubles
- anodized aluminum enclosure
- IEC C14 power cable connector